Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Spring Break Report

Last week was my lovely little one week Spring Break. No I did not go to the Bahamas, Florida or anywhere really interesting. I went home to Long Island where I live and brought a friend from school home with me to brighten up my break. He had never been to New York before, so of course I had to give him the grand tour of my hometown and take him into the city. He's from Maine so basically he thought Boston was big city living, but when he came into Port Authority bus station I brought him over to Time Square and he was pretty shocked at how larger than life New York City really is. Another day I brought him back into the city, we attempted to go and see the Statue of Liberty, which I haven't been to since I was about nine years old, but it ended up being closed, so we just looked from afar. We also saw Wall street, the Trinity Church, the WTC site, Times Square again and we even saw the big bull, which you can see in the movie "Hitch." We also saw "Breach," which I've already reviewed on here. Movies are always a fun time for me.
Then after my friend left, I spent a lot of time with my family, going out to dinner and into the city where both of my parents work. Then I saw my cousin, who's a student at NYU, perform in a play, which was "Macbeth." It was done on a small stage and was semi-interactive, so it was a totally new and interesting experience. I really liked it, despite the fact that it was a good 80 degrees in there.
All in all I had a pretty good spring break.

No comments: