Tuesday, April 17, 2007

My Blogging Experience

Keeping a blog for the first time this semester has been an awesome experience that has really helped me improve as a writer and I feel I have finally become passionate about being a journalism major. More than ever, I'm motivated to pursue my dream to become a film critic. At first, I had no clue what a blog even was. Was it a journal? Was it a profession? I didn't quite know, but now I know that you can make it your own and do whatever works for you. When I found out in class that we were able to chose our own topic for our blogs, I immediately thought film, that is totally my niche. I had no clue how to start, but eventually I had so much to write, and so much to say, and even though this was a requirement for my class, I actually looked forward to writing on it every day. When people started commenting it was so exciting to know that people were reading my stuff (thanks to those who commented, your awesome), and it made me want to post even more. I feel that I have mastered the art of blogging. I figured out how to organize, post, edit, and even use youtube on my blog. Friends and family have just been impressed with my work (my mom reads it religiously) and are very supportive, which is awesome, and every time someone says something to me about my blog I'm extremely flattered. I plan on continuing my blog after this semester's classes are over. Yay...a new hobby!

No comments: